Sunday, September 20, 2009

New York Fashion Week SS 2010 - Part Three

3.1 Phillip Lim

Phillip's collection was fantastically showcased against a red backdrop. His colour palette was filled with red, grey, khaki's and black. It was a beautifully done, sophisticated collection for that typically chic and young New York woman. All of his looks can easily be translated to the street and I look forward to purchasing similar styles of clothes next Spring, because who am I kidding... my budget does not include actual 3.1.



Badgley Mischka

While some of Badgley Mischka's designs were a little too flamboyant for me, there were definitely some gems amongst them. The collection made me want to head to St Barths. Anyone want to finance that trip for me?




Betsey Johnson

She's the quintessential free spirit at fashion week and this collection didn't disappoint. Think can can dancers mixed with punk rocker.



Carlos Miele

Love. Pure and simple. This collection is gorgeous. If I were a celebrity, these are the gowns I would be rocking on the red carpet. Hands down one of my favourite collections thus far.





DKNY

I look forward to this collection each year because it's normally quite edgy and street. This season, I wasn't digging the whole thing. Just a few pieces here and there. The floral prints weren't really my cup of tea but I'm loving the slouchy, masculine trousers and blazers. And strappy shoes were to die for.



Donna Karan

Definitely a bigger fan of Donna's main line this season. Talk about chic... I can honestly say without a doubt that I loved the whole collection. With each click of my mouse, browsing through the outfits I got more and more excited about it. I had to do everything in my will power to not just put up all the looks on here.





Doo.Ri

While nothing really blew me away, Doo.Ri's collection was filled with pretty pieces that'll do great at the retail level. Not sure if the blue lipstick will catch on though...



L'Wren Scott

Perhaps it's because this woman is actually taller than me, but I love her. I do. Her clothing is impeccably tailored and chic.




Marchesa

Marchesa gowns are practically couture. They are so beautifully made and opulent. Like dresses from a fairy tale.




Marc Jacobs

While I would never wear the clothes that Marc designs as they just aren't my style, I still enjoy checking out the clothes he sends down the runway. This time around, his models were actually frightening. I saw scary Japanese mimes. There may be nightmares in my future.



Michael Kors

I watched this show live and loved every minute of it. Michael Kors is an American icon. He knows exactly how to capture that American chic look. If only fellow Americans could catch on...
I absolutely want this bathing suit for next summer.



Naeem Khan

I had never heard of Naeem Khan before today but it's a name I hope to hear again. This collection was beautiful with a hint of 1920's.



Oscar de la Renta

This man is a genius. I can't remember a show where he hasn't excelled. Rich colours and faultless embroidery. I would like to wear these pieces while strolling down the Rue St Honore in Paris... maybe on my next trip...




Proenza Schouler

I've been a fan of Proenza Schouler since they started and their collections keep evolving into one that is better than the last. This collection was like looking inside an aquarium filled with glimmering tropical fish. They may want to reconsider some of their models though... or perhaps force feed them backstage.




Ralph Lauren

I love Ralph Lauren's casual collection. Poor boy hats, boyfriend jeans, big shirts.



Rodarte

This futuristic design duo may just be my favourites... hmmm... how many favourites have I mentioned so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!