Sunday, September 13, 2009

New York Fashion Week SS 2010 - Part Two

Alright... as promised, here's some more of the best of NYC Fashion Week:

Jason Wu

I loved the runway and set that Jason Wu showed his collection on. It was an absolutely gorgeous collection. The prints were beautiful, as were the flirty skirts. You know how much I love my pretty party dresses and this collection had no shortage of those. I even liked the feathers... and I don't do feathers.





Jeremy Laing

I got some Rodarte flashbacks from this collection (particularly from the first couple of outfits), which is probably why I loved it. And while most of the pieces certainly weren't items I would ever wear, the construction and the designs were beautifully done.




Juan Carlos Obando

Loved the splattered (almost Hypercolor) and rich looking fabric used in this collection. It was edgy and hot. Not keen on those gladiator / boot things... I love finding new designers to follow.




L.A.M.B.

This has to be my favourite celebrity turned designer out there. She's got a great eye and her clothes are always eclectic yet wearable. L.O.V.E. L.A.M.B. Although... her models could certainly gain a few pounds.



Luca Luca

I loved that this collection made me want to go to Paris to stroll along the Seine. I really need to go back to my natural curls...





Ports 1961

The colour and the beautiful silks in this collection made it absolutely exquisite. Definitely a lot of Asian influences here. Looks like obi's are being carried over to next season too.




Preen

Hello preen.




Rag & Bone

Danny, Vincent, Will and Briane distracted me from the actual collection. Funny how that happens...




United Bamboo


I have never heard of this line and I'm now a new fan. Fabulous party dresses.




William Rast

Justin Timberlake isn't just a pretty face. Look what else he does.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm seems to me you and I have similar tastes! Love your choices. Thanks for your comment and I have linked you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Jeremy Laing was very Rodarte-ish too! Fave collection so far is Charlotte Ronson, but nothing's really wowed me too much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've chosen some great looks! Lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!