Sunday, September 13, 2009

New York Fashion Week SS 2010 - Part One

I love this time of year.... It's fashion week season! I must admit, I'm a little bit behind on all my New York Fashion Week shows. So I've set aside a couple hours today (yes, you really do need that long at least) to peruse the latest shows. One of the best parts of sitting down and looking at all of the designers is discovering designers that I've never heard of. Sure, everyone loves the Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta and DKNY shows, but I also love some of the lesser knowns... I hope you have the time to check some of them out too.

Here are the highlights (and some lowlights) so far:

ADAM

While I thought most of this collection was a little bit blah, I did enjoy this particular look.

I love the colour in the shoes that ties the whole outfit together. I think I would wear this with a necklace though...

Alexander Wang

I must admit, I was a little disappointed with Mr. Wang's collection. It was too casual, too American for my tastes. I was hoping for hot and skinny European black numbers that he clothes all the models with. But not this time... I did not dig the football theme one bit. Not many retail friendly pieces here.


Altuzarra

This collection was a little bit 70's / Little House on the Prairie / bodice ripping romance novel. Can you picture it? Sound a little weird? Yeah... some of it was. I loved the shoes in this collection.

BCBG Max Azria

I have only just discovered the greatness of the the BCBG store in Vancouver - it certainly helped that I discovered it during sale season - and I can't wait for these two beauties to hit the racks next season. Although, I may have to venture into an outlet to put less strain on the wallet...



Boy by Band of Outsiders

These clothes are fabulous for a casual summer day / night. I want it all (well, except those long underwear type saggy crotch onesies)! And check out this red head's hair... that's exactly what I want my hair to do.

Charlotte Ronson

This Flashdance-esque collection really did it for me. The delicate sheer leggings are on my wishlist for spring and I so wish I had the balls to rock one of those head bands.

Cynthia Steffe

This collection was very very pretty and feminine but I couldn't help but notice how young the models looked. Some of them certainly weren't a day over 13.


Elie Tahari

While I used to think that I was just too young to wear Elie Tahari, this collection is actually quite youthful. Or maybe I'm just getting old?



Gary Graham

I love the British feel this collection has. It's romantic and old and that British side in me finds it all very appealing.



Oh wow... it's taking me a whole lot longer than I anticipated to go through all these shows... to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!