Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chanel Couture

Where do I begin with Karl Lagerfeld's most recent display at the Chanel Couture Show? Silver is in, gold is out. Shorts are in, skirts stay in the closet. Minnie Mouse hair-do's are.... in?

I'm really not sure what to think of this collection. Some of the garments were better suited for my grandmother, some were just unflattering and then others were absolutely divine. I'm not sure where Mr. Lagerfeld is taking the design house - his personal style is certainly portrayed in this collection in the forms of fingerless gloves and a large black tie.

My favourite pieces had my mind racing with images of old Hollywood glamour, smoke filled rooms, bedroom eyes and lounge singers. It's unfortunate about the rest of the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!